Thursday 8 December 2016

Getting back into it all



So it's been some time since I posted on here, and in fact I've now removed all of my posts (apart from the Hell's Itch post, simply because many people have actually used it for advice and I don't want to take that away!). Basically, I'm looking to start over, so I've redesigned my blog, once again using the wonderful website that is The Cutest Blog On The Block, and like I said I've removed all of my previous posts.

Things have been a little difficult for me the past couple of years, but I finally feel like I'm ready to get my life back together. I know I've probably said that a million times, but over the past few weeks I've been sleeping better, managing my moods better and eating better too, so I feel now might be a good time to try to be overall better. Seriously, mental illnesses suck.

Anyway, I've decided to start this blog back up again because... well, why not? I used to have fun with it, until I got really bad and then it started to feel like a chore, something that stressed me out and made me worry unnecessarily. I've never wanted writing to feel like that - writing has been my passion since an early age, and for it to have such a negative impact on me upset me a lot, so I abandoned the blog. I abandoned many other social media platforms too; Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr... but I gradually returned them (no power on this earth would make me remove my Twitter account though).

There is no theme here anymore. Not that there ever really was, in fact I usually just wrote about topics that came to mind, but from now on I'm rejecting the idea of rejecting an idea, simply because I want things to write about. I love writing, and when I'm passionate about things I like to keep them in my life. Obviously I won't be writing a load of bollocks, but I won't be avoiding topics that don't go with my blog style (by that, I mean that often people with cutesy blogs have a particular theme, but I don't want that. I just want a cutesy looking blog because I like cute things) so expect quite a range in the content.

There also won't be any schedule, at least not yet. Like I said, I'm trying to get better and I think I'm ready to take steps in doing that, but I do NOT want to put too much pressure on myself. If I can manage to maintain an infrequent blog, then maybe I can manage more things, then maybe I can schedule them. Baby steps.

Anyway, I've babbled on here for long enough, and this post is only really to say hello again, and I hope I can make something entertaining, interesting or just time killing for the internet to see. So, here's hoping!


No comments :

Post a Comment